HOW TO FORMAT YOUR USB DRIVE
Windows 7 and up OS 10.10 and up
- Plug the USB drive in to your windows machine.
- Open the Computer Window
- Right click on the drive
- Select “Format”
- Select exFAT or FAT32 from the drop down
- Click “Start”
OS 10.10 and up
- Plug the USB drive in to your mac.
- Open “Disk Utilities” from your Applications folder
- Select the drive on the left. (be sure to select the right drive!)
- Select “Erase” tab on right
- Select: “exFAT” or “MS-DOS (FAT)” (for FAT32) in drop down
- If available : Select “Master Boot Record” in Scheme (Pre OS 10.13 High Sierra)
- Click “Erase”